Five Notes for the EARLY Games
**Braves/Twins game will not be used for DraftKings early games but I ranked some for our Fanduel players**
1. Starting Pitchers- Madison Bumgarner LHP SF vs WAS is my SP must-play. The Nationals are the worst team in MLB vs LHP, and it’s not even close. I think he should have no problems bouncing back from his last start (7ER in COL). I also like Paul Maholm LHP ATL vs MIN at home (1.83 ERA in ATL) vs a lefty-heavy Twins team. The game that features Mat Latos RHP CIN and Matt Harvey RHP NYM should absolutely be a pitcher’s duel. If you need a win like on Fanduel it might be best to avoid these high-priced pitchers, but I like both as starter options. If you are looking for a super cheap flier in a GPP, Wily Peralta RHP MIL could come out of nowhere with a good game today. The Dodgers have the second worst OPS versus RHP. Peralta has a 3.55 ERA in his two day game starts. He will probably get blasted, but he could pay off huge at the same time. You need to tread lightly with Jorge De La Rosa LHP COL vs ARI and Jeremy Hellickson RHP TB @ TOR. They both have interesting matchups but could get absolutely shelled. I wouldn’t use either if it was me, but I’m not going to tell you to avoid either. Avoid Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill, and Hyun-Jin Ryu.
2. Stud Hitters- A.J. Pierzynski C TEX (4 HRs in 55 ABs vs RHP), Freddie Freeman 1B ATL,Adrian Gonzalez 1B LAD, Paul Goldschmidt 1B ARI, Marco Scutaro 2B SF, Jed Lowrie SS/3B OAK, Troy Tulowitzki SS COL, David Wright 3B NYM (.320 AVG vs RHP and Latos is struggling a bit vs RHB this year), Evan Longoria 3B TB, Ryan Braun OF MIL (.386 AVG vs LHP), Jason Heyward OF ATL, Desmond Jennings OF TB, CoCo Crisp OF OAK, Carl Crawford OF LAD, and Mitch Moreland 1B/OF TEX.
3. Value Hitters- Buster Posey C SF (somehow he’s 3,700 on DK… He’ll be 100 percent owned), Ryan Roberts 2B/3B (only 2,800 on FD, kills LHP), Brett Lawrie 3B TOR (not a great matchup but crazy talent with price plumetting. Keep an eye on Lawrie), A.J. Pollock OF ARI (2,400 on FD), Melky Cabrera OF TOR (.301 AVG vs RHP and .342 AVG in May), Scott Van Slyke 1B/OF LAD, Jay Bruce OF CIN (I understand he’s playing Harvey but still 3,400 on DK), and Ryan Doumit C/1B (hits better as C and against LHP)
4. Stack ‘em Up- I’d stack the Oakland A’s @ RHP Ross Wolf and the Texas Rangers vs RHP Jarrod Parker against each other. The only other truly stack-able matchup is the Rays @ LHP Mark Buerhle.
5. The Due Factor- So I’m starting to get nervous making these calls. So I missed with John Buck last night, but if you watched the game, his timing is returning. If he can sustain that timing, I would not be surprised if he heated back up. Dexter Fowler OF COL has 7 of his 8 HRs this season against RHP. He comes into today having not hit a HR since April 29th. This will be the third time this season that the Rockies have seen Trevor Cahill RHP ARI. Dexter Fowler is DUE to hit a big fly today.