Five Notes for Today’s Games
1. Starting Pitchers- You must be starting Anibal Sanchez RHP DET vs HOU. If you don’t you will probably hate yourself for not. I love the value of Hector Santiago LHP CHW @ MIN on Fanduel and DraftKings. Lance Lynn RHP STL vs NYM, Jordan Zimmermann RHP WAS @ LAD and Travis Wood LHP CHC vs COL round out my top 5 pitchers for the day. I would avoid the temptations of Mike Minor, Wade Miley, Marco Estrada, and even A.J. Burnett (I feel like he’s due for a bad start and even though the Brewers are heavily right-handed they have been able to do decently against RHPs).
2. Stud Hitters- Ian Kinsler 2B TEX,Â Evan Gattis C/OF ATL, Â Carlos Beltran OF STL, Albert Pujols 1B LAA (only 4,300 on DK and 3,500 on FD), Adrian Beltre 3B TEX (again way too cheap at 4,200 on DK and 3,700 on FD), Mike Trout OF LAA (improved stance and results are surging),Â Alex Rios OF CHW, Bryce Harper OF WAS, Yadier Molina C STL, and Alex Gordon OF KC.
3. Value Hitters- Neil Walker 2B/3B PIT,Â Matt Adams 1B STL (if he plays), Elliot Johnson 2B/SS KC, Mike Moustakas 3B KC, Eduardo Escobar 2B/3B, Tyler Flowers C CHW, Dayan Viciedo OF CHW, and Scott Van Slyke 1B/OF (2K on DK but draws a tough RHP in Zimmermann)
4. Stack the Cardinals vs NYM RHP Jeremy Hefner, White Sox @ LHP Pedro Hernandez, Angels vs KC RHP Luis Mendoza, Royals @ LAA RHP Joe Blanton, and Nationals @ LAD RHP Josh BeckettÂ
5. The Due Factor- Paul Konerko 1B CHW is a career .297 hitter versus LHP, and that has been a long career. So far this year Konerko is only hitting .238 versus LHP and hasn’t hit a homer in May this year. He also only has 9 extra base hits on the season. Opposing pitcher, Pedro Hernandez, is giving up a .414 AVG and 1.303 OPS (5 HRs in 58 ABs) versus RHB. Paul Konerko is DUE for a home run today and probably a multi-hit game. Alcides Escobar SS/2B KC Â is 7 for 7 in stolen base attempts this year but hasn’t attempted a steal in 8 games. The Angels have the worst stolen base percentage of all MLB teams (31 steals allowed in 35 attempts). Alcides Escobar is DUE to swipe a base today. Ryan Braun OF MIL has never managed an extra base hit off of A.J. Burnett but is 6-14 against him with 4 stolen bases. Up until yesterday Braun was riding a 12 game hit streak in which he had taken his AVG from .257 all the way to .306. I’d say he is warming up. A.J. Burnett is due for a rough game. Ryan Braun is DUE to have his first extra base hit versus Burnett and is DUE to steal another base. Baserunners have a sick 94 percent success rate versus Pirates C McKenry. I know that predicting a stolen base and an extra base hit in the same game pretty much automatically makes Braun also DUE for a multi-hit game.