Five Notes for ALL Games Today
**Weather Warning- Phillies/Nationals, Braves/Reds, Yankees/Royals (early), and Orioles/Rangers**
1. Starting Pitchers
- Matt Moore LHP TB vs MIN (early)- **must start** Moore is locked back into beast mode. He’s only given up 1 ER total over his last three starts. He also has 26 Ks in 19.1 IP during that span. With Willingham out of the line up, the Twins RHB are not impressive. If Moore can maintain his control, he will be dominant and well worth his $9,100 salary.
- Ryan Dempster RHP BOS @ SEA (early)- Dempster hasn’t given up more than 3 ER in his last 8 games. He’ll give up the home run at some point, but he’s almost a lock to give you a consistent performance otherwise especially on sites that overvalue the strikeout.
- Madison Bumgarner LHP SF @ SD- Padres hit LHP pretty well, but Bumgarner is no ordinary LHP. I expect him to strike out a host of Padres, rack up the Win, and go is usual 7 inning pitched.
- Miguel Gonzalez RHP BAL vs TEX- Oh, I don’t feel especially great about this call. The Rangers have been one of the hotter offensive teams. I tried to give you one cheap option to go with Bumgarner for the late games. If you can afford to run Zimmerman out there instead, that might be the safer call. Gonzalez has performed very well this year. He’s only had 1 start in 15 where he gave up more than 5 ER. He’ll strike out about 5 batters a game and has decent control. 2013 has somewhat mirrored the success that Miguel had in 2012 so there is reason to think that he is more legit than not. Tread carefully, this is the high risk/high reward play of the day.
2. Stud Hitters
- Mike Napoli C/1B BOS- Napoli didn’t do anything in yesterday’s beat down of the Mariners, but I think he’ll have a different kind of game today. There aren’t any really good stud options at catcher for the early games. You might want to go value.
- Wilin Rosario C COL- Rosario has 2 HRs and a .325 AVG over his last 10 games and back-to-back XBH games. LHP Capuano is a very favorable matchup for Rosario.
- Edwin Encarnacion 1B TOR- **must start** E5 has been struggling lately, but he will turn it around today.
- Chris Davis 1B/OF BAL- ** must start** It doesn’t get much better than this matchup for the Major League leader in home runs. He’ll face a quad A RHP.
- Robinson Cano 2B NYY- There isn’t a hotter 2B play, and I expect the Yanks to be pumped up with the return of their leader.
- Brandon Phillips 2B CIN- Phillips has been much better away from Cincy hitting .304 with 8 of his 12 HRs on the road.
- Kyle Seager 3B SEA- You know Dempster is going to serve one up. Seager is the best bet to be the guy to do the hitting. He’s rocking a .443 AVG over his last 11 games with 5 XBH.
- Manny Machado 3B BAL- Machado loves to mash RHP. He’ll face an underwhelming RHP Ross Wolf.
- Jose Reyes SS TOR- **must start** Reyes will face a RHP that I’ve honestly never heard of today. I think that should mark a must start.
- Hanley Ramirez SS LAD- **must start** Hanley has been the best player in the game since coming off the DL. All this talk about Puig has ignited a fire in Ramirez that is unrivaled by any other hitter right now.
- Jose Bautista OF TOR- Echoing the Blue Jays stack, Bautista is a little pricier but remains an option as his power has been awfully powerful lately.
- Colby Rasmus OF TOR- Rasmus has a .325 AVG and 2 HRs over his last 11 games and is always in play against RHP.
- Austin Jackson OF DET- I like Jackson’s chances of getting a steal if Flowers is behind the plate even with LHP Sale on the mound. Sale has also been a bit more human lately.
- Allen Craig OF STL- Craig has hit .443 over his last 11 games. I all but guarantee him to rake a couple of hits in today.
- Yasiel Puig OF LAD- Puig has been pretty bad lately, but I like his chances to bust out of his slump in a big way vs LHP Pomeranz.
- Bryce Harper OF WAS- His price has dropped a bit, and he’ll finally get to face a RHP. I’m in as Harper is due for a home run.
3. Value Hitters
- Mike Zunino C SEA- Only 2K on DK and with Dempster’s propensity to give up homers, Zunino looks like the perfect roster-filling, speculative play.
- Brian McCann C ATL- $3,600 on DK is worth any risk associated with facing RHP Mat Latos. McCann is hitting .498 over last 10 games. That’s insane.
- Lyle Overbay 1B NYY- Overbay hit a grand slam yesterday and could keep that trend going.
- Brandon Belt 1B SF- Belt is only 3,800 on DK and has 8 of his 9 HRs vs RHP.
- Kelly Johnson 2B TB- Johnson has 5 RBI in his last three games and will face RHP Mike Pelfrey today.
- Dan Uggla 2B ATL- When you draft Uggla you hope for that game where he walks and gets an extra base hit. There’s a good chance you will not get that Uggla, but at least the Ks won’t kill you on DraftKings.
- Jose Iglesias SS BOS- He’s not going to win anything for you, but he’s been a lock for a hit and something else lately. He’s only 2,900 on DK today.
- J.J. Hardy SS BAL- I think you need to spend on SS today, but if you go cheap, I like Hardy vs the unintimidating RHP Ross Wolf.
- Lonnie Chisenhall 3B CLE- Chisenhall isn’t very good, but if Dickey is serving it up then there could be a good opportunity for Chisenhall to show off that power stroke.
- Anthony Rendon 3B WAS- I expect Rendon to continue to hit. Harper’s presence in the LU makes Rendon a better hitter especially when they slot him as the number 2 hitter.
- Raul Ibanez OF SEA- Ibanez power stroke has been one of the more remarkable things of the 2013 season. Dempster has average one home run over each of his last 11 starts. There is a chance.
- Michael Bourn OF CLE- I like Bourn’s chances vs RHP RA Dickey and JP Arencibia. That combo should provide hits, steals, and maybe even runs.
- Mike Carp OF BOS- Carp has been a RHP killer all year. That shouldn’t change today.
- Darin Ruf OF PHI- Keep running him out there folks. The power is real.
- Jason Heyward OF ATL- **must start** JHey is hitting the ball pretty sharply. He has been very unlucky. His unluckiness works to your advantage as he is only $3,600 on DK now.
- Carlos Quentin OF SD- Quentin’s power is rounding into form. He is very formidable against all LHP even Madison Bumgarner. $3,800 makes me willing to take the chance.
4. Stack ‘em Up
- Blue Jays @ RHP Danny Salazar
- Royals (mini stack) @ LHP Andy Pettitte
- Dodgers vs LHP Drew Pomeranz
- Orioles vs RHP Ross Wolf
- Cardinals @ RHP Edwin Jackson
5. My DraftKings LATE GPP Line up
P- Madison Bumgarner SF $10,400
P- Miguel Gonzalez BAL $6,300
C- Brian McCann ATL $3,600
1B- Chris Davis BAL $5,400
2B- Brian Roberts BAL $3,100
3B- Manny Machado BAL $4,100
SS- Hanley Ramirez LAD $5,400
OF- Adam Jones BAL $4,600
OF- Nate McLouth BAL $3,500
OF- Jason Heyward ATL $3,600
$0 dollars left over