Rudy Gay- On a very unstudly night, Rudy had a pretty awesome game. He led the way with 22 points, 4 rebounds and 5 assists.
Amir Johnson- Even with Jonas Valancinus back in the lineup, Amir still came to play; he posted 11 points, 8 rebounds and an insane 6 blocks!
Ivan Johnson- Just before tip, it became clear that Al Horford wasn’t going to play, giving Johnson plenty of extra minutes. He responded with a 12 point, 10 rebound double-double.
Will Barton- Barton was irresponsibly cheap, basically everywhere. 17 bounds, 6 rebounds and 5 assists for his price was thievery.
1. Kemba Walker- While many other elite point guards have to think about the playoffs, all Kemba has to do is walk out onto the floor and do his thing against a really bad Cleveland team.
2. Reggie Jackson- No value play here, homeboy. With Russell Westbrook likely only playing until the first stoppage in action, Reggie Jackson is going to get 40 minutes to show what he can do.
3. Steph Curry- A win really helps the Warriors out, allowing them to avoid OKC or San Antonio, so Curry should come out firing. It is a pretty great matchup against a Portland team that is eliminated, injured, and just not trying. Also, every 3 pointer that he makes will be adding onto a record, so he has some incentive to hoist up shots.
Value Play: Ish Smith of the Bucks should pick up some extra playing time because the Bucks have clinched the Number 8 seed in the West. He was productive filling in for Brandon Jennings and I will expect that to continue against OKC’s second string.
1. James Harden- Houston HAS to win tomorrow. If they don’t, there is a real chance that they could end up playing Oklahoma City in the first round, and that is the last thing that James Harden wants. Harden is the best weapon the Lakers have and it is time for him to play like the superstar he is getting paid to be.
2. Gerald Henderson- Full complement of minutes when basically no star shooting guards are going to be doing so.
3. Brian Roberts- Everytime Greveis Vasquez has sat, Roberts has been a bonafide fantasy start and I see no reason that he won’t be tonight.
Value Play: Evan Fournier has been lights out his last 2 games and I expect him to continue to do so in almost 40 minutes of playing time tonight.
1. Tobias Harris- It is going to be a tearful goodbye for me. I rode Tobias like a prize stallion to many of my NBA victories this year, and I will be hoping he does so on the very last night.
2. Chris Copeland- There is a real shot that he plays 48 minutes tonight and seeing as how he put up 40+ FPS out last time, I see no reason he can’t do so again.
3. Steve Novak- Once again, loving these Knicks that are going to play 40 minutes. The wing spots are weak tonight, and Novak is a great option.
Value Play: How is Wes Johnson still this cheap?! It’s flat irresponsible. Not a great matchup versus Denver, but he is gonna get playing time.
1. Pau Gasol- The Lakers absolutely MUST win this game. Pau has racked up fantasy points with Kobe sidelined and I think he gets at least 43 minutes of playing time tonight.
2. John Henson- If LARRY SANDERS! sits tonight, there is not a better value play tonight. Seriously, this kid is incredible. A 100% must play.
3. Kevin Seraphin- Emeka Okafor and Nene are both sitting for the night and I think Seraphin has a good game with Wall manning the point.
Value Play: Chris Andersen will star for the star-less Heat tonight and is a great play, especially on sites that reward extra for rebounds.
1. Dwight Howard- Get him in. This is who you need to build your lineup around tonight. He will score the most fantasy points of anyone, take it to the bank.
2. Amir Johnson- While he didn’t reach 40 minutes last night, Amir still played very well. He is going to get similar run tonight against the Celtic’s B-Team.
3. Al Jefferson- The Jazz want the playoffs and Big Al is going to be the one who gets them there. He will get 40+ minutes and that is a recipe for fantasy success.
Value Play: Hasheem Thabeet is going to be the sole center on the Thunder’s roster that is active tonight and he will be available for minimum prices.