Kemba Walker- Against a banged up Knicks team at home, Kemba was about as easy of a call as it gets. 23 points and 13 assists propelled my teams to the finish line
Monta Ellis- He did NOT have a good start to the game, but as he is wont to do, Ellis exploded in the 4th to finish with 38 points.
Chris Copeland- If you didn’t play Copeland, you probably lost. He was dirt cheap, and scored 32 points for the short handed Knicks.
John Henson- Another great game for the rookie, starting in place of Larry Sanders. Copeland and Henson were the clear plays of the night and Henson did his damage by the way of 14 points, 15 rebounds, 3 steals and 4 blocks
1. Chris Paul- On a short night like this, you aren’t going to be able to get away with fading him.
2. Damian Lillard- The Rookie Of The Year is getting all the shots with LaMarcus Aldridge sitting. Get him in, or regret it.
Value Play: Jamal Crawford is about as cheap as it’ll get for a value play at point guard
1. Demar Derozan- He won’t be in any of my lineups, but he is the best play that is SG elgible most places.
2. Will Barton- Absolutely tearing it up in Wes Matthews’ place. Still pretty cheap, and a great play tonight against the Clippers.
Value Play: If the Clips blow the Blazers out, and they should, Eric Bledsoe should get some extended run in the 4th quarter.
1. Josh Smith- No one on the Raps’ has the ability to both Josh Smith on the offensive end.
2. Rudy Gay- I don’t love Gay’s matchup against J-Smoove, but he is going to get hit shots and he can always get hot.
Value Play: Victor Claver has been in starting in the place of Nicolas Batum and while he hasn’t been great, he has been serviceable and for as cheap as he will come, he’s a solid play.
1. Al Horford- Yeah…Sorry, Amir, but you aren’t hanging with Big Al. Just ain’t happening.
2. Blake Griffin- The Portland back up bigs aren’t going to stop Blake from flying around and doing his thing. I expect a lot of points in transition and in the pick and roll.
Value Play: J.J Hickson is a solid play if Aldridge does sit, as expected. He won’t be spectacular, but he will outwork DeAndre and Blake.
1. DeAndre Jordan- Huge game the last time out, and against Meyers Leonard, there is no reason he can’t grab 15 rebounds, even in limited time.
2. Meyers Leonard- So, so cheap. While I expect him to be physically dominated by the Clips’ bigs, that doesn’t mean that he can’t outsmart them at some level.
Value Play: If you play in some insane salary cap situations, Ryan Hollins will get some run in once again, what I expect to be a blowout.