J.R Smith- You have no idea the happiness it gives me to type those letters. A late addition to most lineups, due to the reshuffling caused by the Courtney Lee-Jordan Crawford debacle, J.R blew up for 32 points and 7 boards.
Chris Paul- I got this one wrong. I assumed Paul would sit with the knee, and instead he played magnificently, posting 33 points, 6 boards and 5 assists.
Jordan Crawford- Starting Crawford, who got the start in Courtney Lee’s absence, turned out to be a smart move. The young guard scored 14 points and had 6 assists, far surpassing value.
Mike James- Still dirt cheap on most sites, James was good for 10 points, 4 boards and 6 assists in the overtime game versus the Clips.
1. Russell Westbrook- If you don’t think Russell is keenly aware of what Wall has been doing you are wrong. The Thunder also have suffered some really bad losses to the Wizards this year and last,Â giving him extra motivation.
2. John Wall- I’m just not betting against him if he has the jumper going.
3. Deron Williams- Playing good basketball and facing a bad defensive team in Portland.
Value Play: Brian Roberts, if Vasqeuz doesn’t go, is going to be an incredible value. Play him no matter what.
1. Monta Ellis- Cheap and with a reduced price to a recently recovered injury, expect Monta to give the Sixer’s buckets tonight.
2. James Harden- On possessions where Paul George isn’t guarding him, Harden is going to be a stud.
3. Steph Curry- God, I love the expensive shooting guards tonight. There really isn’t anyone on Sacremento’s roster I trust to be able to guard the hyper efficient Curry.
Value Play: E’Twaun Moore, Wayne Ellington, and C.J Miles (in that order) are all very solid value plays for tonight.
1. Lebron James- James and the Heat are now really invested in keeping this streak going. The trend has been for the Heat to fall behind and then for The King to save them. Let the king save you.
2. Maurice Harkless- With the understanding that Durant is also an elite option, Harkless lands at number 2. By hook or by crook, How Could You Be So Harkless gets it done every night, posting 15, 52, 23, 28 and 42 fantasy points in his last five.
3. Thaddeus Young- You never know when NBA coaches are going to lose their mind and kill your fantasy night. Luckily, Young’s coachs decision to bench the entire starting lineup on Monday reduced his price, making him a cheaper play tonight.
Value Play: I have been riding Wes Johnson as a cheap play and against Utah tonight, I like his chances.
1. Josh Smith- Toronto has no elite defenders, or even passable defenders on the wing or in the front court.
2. Jeff Green- No Courtney Lee, no Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce on the 2nd night of back to back…get Green in your lineup. Again.
3. Tobias Harris- My daily NBA fantasy man crush draws a dream matchup against a terrible Bobcats team.
Value Play: Josh McRoberts has been a fantasy stud since being introduced into the Bobcats rotation.
1. Dwight Howard- With talk coming out of the Lakers camp about getting Howard more involved on offense and a matchup against a banged up Nikola Pekovic, Howard is a great play at a semi-reduced cost.
2. Al Jefferson- There isn’t a better matchup for Centers right now than Phoenix.
3. DeMarcus Cousins- DMC is going to simply outmuscle and dominate David Lee in the offensive post.
Value Play: Nikola Vucevic has been announced out again, making Kyle O’Quinn a great play yet again.