Klay Thompson- While Steph Curry did end up playing, it didn’t matter much. Klay fully activated God Mode, ignoring wide out Curry 3′s on the way to draining 6 three pointers and contributing across the board.
John Wall- It would appear that Wall has joined Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Curry, Kobe Bryant and Monta Ellis as a guard that can go off for 60 on a given night. Wall had a career night with 47 points, 7 boards and 8 assists.
Brian Roberts- Chances are, if you played Roberts from yesterday’s Value Plays, you are a little bit richer. Roberts burnt the Denver Nuggets for 13 points and EIGHTEEN assists.
Kyle O’Quinn- For the 2nd day in a row, there was a dirt cheap starting center option and for the 2nd day in a row, that option met value. O’Quinn had 12 points on 7 shots in addition to 6 rebounds.
1. Chris Paul- On a short handed night, go with the guaranteed points. I normally don’t like playing Paul, but he deserves this spot tonight.
2. Jose Calderon- Minnesota has really bad point guard defense and Calderon is playing good ball right now.
3. Ricky Rubio- More expensive than I like, but still a decent play.
Value Play: J.J Barea is always a cheap guy to take on a short night who has 30 point upside.
1. Brandon Knight- Super cheap after coming back from injury, count on Knight to produce solid numbers tonight.
2. O.J Mayo- Shooting guard is sort of ugly tonight, but Mayo has upside.
3. J.R Smith- You never know when he is gonna go off for 40, but I do know that Paul Pierce or Courtney Lee can’t hang with J.R defensively; they don’t have enough lateral agility.
Value Play: Iman Shumpert is still getting big minutes and getting healthy. Solid play for very cheap versus Boston.
1. Carmelo Anthony- Like him more than Pierce tonight. Boston-New York battles are awesome, and it’s Melo who comes up big tonight.
2. Paul Pierce- PP won’t be far behind, it might just take him more shots to do it.
3. Matt Barnes- Just so productive and the Mavs defense inspires no confidence especially because Barnes will play while Shawn Marion sits.
Value Play: Kyle Singler is a strong play for cheap, just considering how bad Minnesota’s wing defense is while AK-47 sits.
1. Jeff Green- Uncle Jeff has entered the J.R zone, where he becomes a must play when he receives starting minutes due to injury. #1 play tonight the Knicks tonight.
2. Blake Griffin- A very good player against a very weak front line.
3. Dirk Nowitzki- To tall for Blake, to smart for DeAndre. Dirk will eat tonight.
Value Play: Lamar Odom gives a floor of around 10 points, with upside for more if VDN decides to give him 30 minutes.
1. Greg Monroe- The only stud that I normally play at either of the big positions today, I would consider Monroe one of the 3 playersÂ you have to have in your lineup tonight (besides Jeff Green and Brandon Knight).
2. Nikola Pekovic- Banging against Monroe, Pek should be able to put up something close to his usual numbers, especially when Monroe is sitting.
3. DeAndre Jordan- With rumors that Tyson Chandler may be coming back tonight, Kenyon Martin is not a safe play. That makes DeAndre the default #3.
Value Play: Brandan Wright has been playing really good basketball. He’s scored in double digits 6 of his last 10 with a 23 point game thrown in. None of the Clippers big men will give him much resistance, either.